1631 Foothill Place
Fairfield, CA 94534
jimmackinnon [@] omtattoo.com
A Multimedia Producer falls under the broader career category of Multimedia Artists. Multi - including hardware (computers, cameras, routers, etc.), and software (graphics, video, audio, html, etc.)
I am pro-active, possess excellent organizational and visual problem solving skills; and able to frequently revise priorities to effectively manage numerous projects; plan, manage and deliver multiple projects within pre-determined deadlines from development, editorial, and marketing perspectives; having excellent verbal and written communication skills. Concern for order, quality and accuracy, and time management.
I am highly customer focused with an ability to conduct post-project reviews to ensure internal customer satisfaction, and a solid understanding of a field of work where the tools and expectations are constantly changing.
A Multimedia producer must have the ability to understand how one process of the production effects the next. I have this skill, and can effectively communicate this to the clients.
To contribute my talent and passion for photography, video post-production and design with a positive, collaborative, and successful creative shop.
- Detail oriented self-starter
- Content creation, design and editing
- Digital image compositing
- Video editing using Final Cut Pro, Premier Pro
- Title creation using Live Type
- Video and audio digitization duplication and file transfers
- Compression encoding with Compressor/MediaEncoder CS6
- Script cueing
- Audio capture using Pro Tools and Soundbooth
- Audio edit and sync with Soundtrack for sound FX, music beds
- Macintosh OSX mid to high level user (MacPro)
- PC proficient - Windows 7
- Project management and coordination
- Enjoys collaborative team environments
- Software installations/maintenance
- Experience and success at meeting expectations and deadlines
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE and EDUCATION
- Virtual Machina, Owner Operator, Fairfield, CA. Consulting and Producing Online Video and Audio for Professionals. We currently produce all Webcasts for Psychotherapy Networker, from graphics creation (Photoshop), recording (Camtasia), editing, staging rendered video (Wistia), embedding into html (Dreamweaver-Notepad++), and staging web pages.
- iCohere, Walnut Creek, CA - Present. Multimedia and tech support. Troubleshoot client issues during live and post webinars, reformating clients existing video for web inclusion
- Consortium of the Arts, Walnut Creek, CA and Washington, D.C. March, 2001 - Present Ongoing contract for video and still image editor/producer
- Produce, edit, and screen video and still images for stage visual designs and large screen projection for dramatic and theatrical performances in U.S. and India
- OmTattoo Multimedia, Lafayette, CA June, 1997 - Present Owner
- Multimedia art direction, composition, color correcting, editing and timing, digital retouching, film to digital transfer,
DVD interface design and authoring, web editing and design, web and blog production – for commercial businesses and non-profit organizations
- SF State University Multimedia Studies Program September, 1997 – December, 2000 Digital Design and Production Certificate
- Studied Photoshop I, II, Advanced, Illustrator I and II, Graphic Design, Information Design, Interaction Design, HTML, Dreamweaver, Quicktime Pro, Pro Tools, Industry Overview, Portfolio Development. Mentored by Burt Monroy.
- James MacKinnon Studio, Walnut Creek, CA January, 1985 - January, 2000 Owner
- All aspects of commercial photography for print and digital media from original concepts.
Responsibilities included discovery meetings, contract negotiations, set design and building, lighting, principal photography, and deliverables of finished prints, film, or digital equivalents.
- Diablo Valley College, Pleasant Hill, CA 1981-1982, 1985 Major: Fine Arts
- Fine arts coursework including all black and white and color still photography classes offered from beginning through advanced; intermediate through advanced ceramics.
- Jim MacKinnon Flooring 1976 - Present Owner, Licensed California Contractor
- Sales and consulting, estimating, materials acquisition, installation - supervision of journeymen installers, marketing, and small business management.
Software and Operating Systems Proficiencies
- Windows 7and Mac OSX
- Camtasia Studio 8
- Articulate (Powerpoint)
- Microsoft Office 2010
- Adobe Creative Suite CS6
- Apple Final Cut Pro
- Apple Motion
- Apple DVD Studio Pro - Apple Compressor
- Apple LiveType
- Apple Soundtrack Pro
- Notepad++ - TextWrangler
- MovingPictures Producer
- Corel Bryce
- Skype Pro
PARTIAL CLIENT LIST
- Consortium of the Arts
- Morton-ThioKol Inc.
- Pearle Vision
- OSI-Orthopedic Systems Inc.
- American Slate and Trading
- Cal Ex
- St. Mary's College
- CMC Machine
- Sunshine Bakery
- Club Terminator
- Soviet Sports Nutrition
- Salus International Health Institute
- and many others.
REFERENCES FURNISHED UPON REQUEST